Monday, May 10, 2010

My funny kids

I know I'm terrible about blogging and I feel like I should be better. I feel like my friends and distance family is missing out on the very cute and hilarious things that my kids do and say. I have been posting some funny stuff on Julie's facebook page, but I don't want to commandeer her whole page. So I am really going to try to keep my blog up-to-date with all the funny things that are guaranteed to occur over the course of my day. Like the other night when William asked me why Cheetos are called Cheetos. He didn't give me time to answer, but told me that he knew why. It was because they were made of cheese and looked like long toes. Chee... toes? Well, you get the idea.
Along with being constantly entertained, I'm also started a CPA program next week which will last until December after which I hope to take the CPA exam. I also enjoy watercolor painting right now and I have switched themes from mostly beach scenes to horses. Although, I just started a new painting right now that has both! A horse running on a beach. It could be great! If you want to see any of my paintings, just go to my website... http://marciann.deviantart.com/ I love having visitors.
Right now I'm also very busy homeschooling both William and Marissa. We use the basic Thomas Jefferson education program, which is a classical education and also the Sonlight Curriculum. I find that both of them together have been a great fit for us. We read, a lot! We read everything; science, history, grammar, geography, and classic novels. William is currently reading at a third grade level and Marissa is quickly catching up. She can read level 1 and 2 readers books by herself now and is improving everyday. Yes, sometimes I have to brag. But most importantly, they love it! I don't force them to do much at all. They just love to learn and that is what I am most happy about.
Besides school, William is also learning to play the piano with the Suzuki method. I highly recommend it! He has really flourished with it! Marissa will start in the winter also. Right now she is loving her gymnastics class where she is definitely a natural. She is looking forward to doing ballet classes in the fall.
Well, I hope this general update was useful for someone who might be reading it!

3 comments:

  1. Yay! I didn't even know I had you in my blogfeed until I saw this post. What bright and charming children you have. I can't wait to see them again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has been a long while since I have posted anything. They can't wait to see you again, too! Hopefully soon. I'm crossing my fingers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you should cross your...chee-toes too.

    ReplyDelete