Friday, October 1, 2010

Our summer of fun!

Well, one of the first things that happened when we were in Provo was that William lost his first tooth!! It was very exciting!


The next week, we got settled in Julie and Drew's apartment. It was very hot the first week we were there and we were looking for ways to cool off during the day. The second day we were there we got a pool pass at the pool 3 blocks away. It is such a cool pool. They don't let us bring cameras in, but I did get a picture of it the last day we were there. But here we are on the way to pool riding our bikes. Or rather, on the way back from the pool.


But the more important thing that happened the first time we went swimming was that I got stung by a bee!! I put on hand on it in the grass next to the pool and it stung my middle finger. It hurt! I have been stung by bees before on my hand even, but never has the sting swelled like this one did.

It continued to swell for the next two days and it throbbed also. I couldn't sleep. I had to lay down with an ice pack on my hand. Finally on the third day the swelling started to go down and I got some relief. So we never went back to the pool....
No, that isn't true. We went back, many times and loved it!

This is one of the sunsets out the back window. My camera has a sunset setting on it and I think it turned out well besides all the power lines and such. But the clouds are beautiful! I loved looking out the back window in the evening. I ended up putting William and Marissa out on the couches because it was cooler out in the front room, so I would go hang out in the bedroom while they went to sleep. I got in the habit of writing extensively in my journal every night, which was so great. I really haven't been good about doing that for a couple years. I was happy to reestablish the habit. Also I painted a lot in the evenings and I watched the first two seasons of Chuck also.

No comments:

Post a Comment